There exists a saying among credit professionals; it is only a sale once the money is usually collected, until then it’s a present and we’re not in the gift giving business.
If you are a small business and therefore are not collecting from your customers in a timely manor you need to re-evaluate your credit/collection practices. Many small business owners are usually experts in their field but might not feel comfortable about contacting their clients for money that is due.
There is also the misunderstanding that a credit /collection expert will stunt company growth by denying sales. Some fear they will lose customers by having someone call on invoices that are past due. Both are usually completely false; in fact a credit score professional can actually help to increase sales for your business and improve customer retention.
The collection process needs to be a consistent systematic approach. It is much better to be proactive than reactive; when it comes to your cash flow for your business.
When you are positive you are calling the customers and unveiling problems early on in the collection process. This gives you time to make the required corrections or supply the customer along with additional documentation.
What this will do is bring in more cash for the business; much quicker than if you sat around waiting for the customer to send in their payment.
12 Steps To Improving Your Income
1) Always be professional.
2) Start using a customer service approach, be a problem solver.
3) Run an aging of customers each month.
4) Be prepared; review the customers’ file before phoning them.
5) Know what leverage you have available (is an order ready to ship)
6) Call all customers (once the invoice is 5 days beyond terms).
7) Confirm get in touch with names, numbers and email addresses associated with Accounts
8) Don’t be afraid to ask for the A/P Mgr or Controller to get answers on past due invoices.
9) Keep Great notes; document everything.
10) Efficient follow up is a key success aspect! Use Outlook to schedule follow up calls or a check promise. (Follow upward calls should be scheduled based on the information you have been told. If you leave a note; call back in a couple of days.
Should you have any inquiries with regards to wherever along with how to employ 소액결제 현금화, you can e mail us with the web-site.
11) When you do leave a message; also send a fax or email with all the past due invoice. This will keep your name in front of the customer and increase your chances of being paid.
12) Return calls promptly, delaying means less money for you personally.
Implement these steps on a regular basis and you will see an improvement in your cash flow.
For the small company owner who does not want to be bothered contacting customers or cannot afford the expense (salary and benefits) of hiring an employee to do this job. You are confronted with a couple of options; keep ignoring the problem and continue struggling with slow income or outsource your credit plus collection function to a professional credit score consultant.
Fact: Cash flow is the coronary heart of your business; without it your business will soon come to an end.
If you are a small business and are not collecting from the customers in a timely manor; you should re-evaluate your credit/collection practices. In order to improve your cash flow you must have consistent plus effective collection practices in place for the organization.